Summer 2023 Conference
Outstanding MAACCE Members of the Year
This year, we have chosen two recipients.
The Outstanding MAACCE Member of the Year Award is provided to a MAACCE member that participates in school and community activities. This award is given to an individual who understands the characteristics of their program and students and who is committed to the education profession.
Program Coordinator, Adult Education and Literacy
St. Charles Community College
AEL Instruction Coordinator, CCR Advocate
East Central College
1. A current practitioner in a MAACCE category (AEL, Community Education, Higher Education, and Afterschool).
2. Participates in school and community activities.
3. Communicates effectively with learners, colleagues, and supervisors.
4. Committed to the education profession.
5. Committed to his/her own lifelong learning (evidence of professional development).
6. Understands the physical, psychological, social, and cognitive characteristics of learners and colleagues.
7. Provides a non-threatening, supportive atmosphere for learning, which fosters freedom of thought and expression.
8. Assists learners in formulating personal learning objectives and assessing progress towards those objectives.
9. Uses the instructional methods, techniques, materials, and resources most appropriate for the learning tasks and characteristics of the student.